WHAT IS THE ASSOCIATION OF FORMER RESIDENTS?
What is the Association of Former Residents of Pedralbes Residence Hall?
It is the forum through which the former students communicate themselves and with the university residence under existing laws, which establish that “the former residents of Pedralbes Residence Hall constitute an internal group composed of those who have been trained in the university residence hall. They shall ensure that their traditions keep alive and promote unity among the Old Residents, as well as between them and Pedralbes Residence Hall, so the residents keep alive, at all times, the spirit of the training received”(Article 14).
According to these Statutes, the internal grouping, without legal personality, is integrated into the Residence Hall as a manifestation of his own capacity for self-organization, self-government and self-management, and is indefinite.
CMU Pedralbes is attached to the University of Barcelona and participates in the tax benefits that the current law provides.
Who are the members of the Association?
The members of this Association are the former residents or people affiliated to CMU Pedralbes that have been incorporated into the residence hall for a year at least and are admitted by the Board of Former Residents at their request.
The members of the association contribute to the support of this affiliation by some type of periodic financial aid or other similar means.
What is the purpose of the Association?
– Encourage the relationship of former residents to each other, and each resident with Pedralbes Residence Hall.
– Provide a channel for the activities of former residents of CMU Pedralbes.
– Promote and encourage cultural and educational activities mainly among former students of the university residence Pedralbes.
– Direct social activities that provide solutions to the physical and spiritual needs of society.
– Help to Pedralbes Residence Hall in its needs, whatever their nature and the limits of the resources of the Association.
– Propose to the Board of Governors the appointment of “Resident of Honour” under Article 8, G) of the Statute of the university residence hall.
What are the government bodies?
The executive body is the Board of Directors, which meets under the Regulations.
According to Article 14.3 of the Statute of the Pedralbes Residence Hall, the Board of Directors of the residence hall is headed by the Principal. It is also made up with the necessary members and the secretary, who must be members of the Association of Former Residents of the university residence; all appointed by the Board (Article 8G).
How is the Association funded?
– With the aid of its members, donations received from third parties and the extraordinary income obtained by the Association of Former Residents of the Pedralbes Residence Hall.
– The aids received comply with tax incentives established in Law 49/2002 of 23 December on the taxation of non-profit entities and tax incentives for patronage, under Article 16 c) of the same.
– A certificate of registration, which will be sent by email to the address created for this purpose, will be issued.
Where does the money go?
– To finance scholarships for new residents without sufficient resources, so that nobody is excluded from the training provided at Pedralbes Residence Hall for economic reasons.
– In its own activities, duly agreed by the Board of Directors of the Association. Once covered, you can help, if so decided by the Board, to support the residence hall. Other possibilities include:
– The cost of maintenance and improvement material works, so that their material is permanently adequate.
– It will also contribute, as far as possible, in all that is necessary for the performingof activities organized by the Pedralbes Residence Hall.
What means of contact has the Association?
Phone (Colegio Mayor Pedralbes’s own): +34 932 806 313
Contact: Secretary of the Board of Directors of the Association of Former Residents of Pedralbes Residence Hall.